 CAD / 17133
Re: LDForge - dev. plans and call for help
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 2010 21:56:52 GMT

--snip--

   Sorting by the distance to the centroid is only an approximation, but it’s good enough to look pretty good for transparent polygons. It’s not good enough to be used as the primary means of hiding geometry that’s farther away from the viewer.

--Travis

Out of interest which centroid do you use? I would have thought that the bounding box center was better than the centre of all corner points (since these cluster around areas of high detail) but you’ve presumably tried different centroid algorithms.

Tim