 CAD / 17129
Re: LDForge - dev. plans and call for help
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 2010 20:43:52 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Michael Heidemann wrote:
   In lugnet.cad, Santeri Piippo wrote:

Hi folks, - SNIP Polygon sorting - help needed

I need a little bit help, however. The polygon sorting algorithm I have right now does not work properly. Currently it’s done by calculating the center of the polygon by simply calculating the means of the coordinates.

How do existing programs - LDView in particular as it’s an OpenGL one too - sort polygons? I’d appreciate help tremendously here..
-SNIP-

At present I can not see the reason to sort polygons if you only want to display them.

cu mikeheide

-Santeri

The polygons have to be painted on the screen in the correct order in order to have the part displayed correctly. It’s not handled automatically. So I need an algorithm to sort the polygons.. and my current one doesn’t work right.

-Santeri