 CAD / 17100

Re: The future of LDraw?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 2010 18:37:34 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Tore Eriksson wrote a big lengthy post.

Maybe we could have a chat channel for LDraw? I myself would suggest of creating
an IRC channel for users to sit, ask help for and just chat in. As LDraw itself
is free software (even though MLCad is not), I feel it's worth the shot to ask
freenode (http://freenode.net/) if they could let us have a channel and believe
that they probably comply. They're such a big network dedicated for open source
software anyway. :)

What you think..?

-Santeri

In lugnet.cad, Tore Eriksson wrote a big lengthy post.

Yes, didn't I? Almost twice as long as your post... ;)

Maybe we could have a chat channel for LDraw? I myself would suggest of creating
an IRC channel for users to sit, ask help for and just chat in. As LDraw itself
is free software (even though MLCad is not), I feel it's worth the shot to ask
freenode (http://freenode.net/) if they could let us have a channel and believe
that they probably comply. They're such a big network dedicated for open source
software anyway. :)

What you think..?

-Santeri

Isn't MLCad freeware? I didn't know that. But then again, I'm not an MLCad user.

I don't know about a dedicated LDraw chat. Would it really be populated? There's
nothing that stops us from creating an LDraw chat room in, say BrickLink. No
need for asking permission or setting up anything. And many of us already has a
BrickLink account, I guess. But I don't think it will be popular either.

Oh, IRC... it was ages since I used it. Didn't even know it still existed in any
form. Is it "in" again?

/Tore

Re: LDraw Chat Room?