 CAD / 17103
Re: LDraw Chat Room?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 2010 23:28:22 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Matija Puzar wrote:
On 2010-03-22, Tore Eriksson <tore.eriksson@mbox325.swipnet.se> wrote:

Oh, IRC... it was ages since I used it. Didn't even know it still existed in any
form. Is it "in" again?

It still exists, believe it or not (being actively using it "ever since").
But... my perception is that it's mostly the "same old" users keeping it
alive, and a few occasional new ones dropping in.  There are 72708 currently
active clients on IRCNet, hard for me to say on a world-basis whether it's
a lot or little for being just one of the networks.

Cheers,
Matija

As a data point, IRC is used extensively for helping out with WikiMedia
Foundation related stuff. A fair bit of the traffic in some IRC channels is bot
traffic (some bots posting changes, other bots examining the changes and
reverting vandalism, and the like) but some are extensively used by humans.