 CAD / 17100
  Re: The future of LDraw?

In lugnet.cad, Tore Eriksson wrote a big lengthy post. Maybe we could have a chat channel for LDraw? I myself would suggest of creating an IRC channel for users to sit, ask help for and just chat in. As LDraw itself is free software (even though (...) (14 years ago, 22-Mar-10, to lugnet.cad)

  LDraw Chat Room?

(...) Yes, didn't I? Almost twice as long as your post... ;) (...) Isn't MLCad freeware? I didn't know that. But then again, I'm not an MLCad user. I don't know about a dedicated LDraw chat. Would it really be populated? There's nothing that stops (...) (14 years ago, 22-Mar-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw Chat Room?

(...) It still exists, believe it or not (being actively using it "ever since"). But... my perception is that it's mostly the "same old" users keeping it alive, and a few occasional new ones dropping in. There are 72708 currently active clients on (...) (14 years ago, 22-Mar-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw Chat Room?

(...) As a data point, IRC is used extensively for helping out with WikiMedia Foundation related stuff. A fair bit of the traffic in some IRC channels is bot traffic (some bots posting changes, other bots examining the changes and reverting (...) (14 years ago, 22-Mar-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw Chat Room?

(...) Well yes, but it's not open source nor "free software" in the GNU sense. (...) I don't know has it ever died but I myself have seen newbies come and go on #kvirc on freenode. It is around, that's for sure. (...) I checked the freenode policies (...) (14 years ago, 22-Mar-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw Chat Room?

(...) Well, at least I'm not against giving it a try. /Tore (14 years ago, 23-Mar-10, to lugnet.cad)