 CAD / 17094
  Re: The future of LDraw?

(...) Yes that is correct, but importing the files is not using them directly, as most other LDraw programs do. And for folks that have multiple parts folders, that can make a big difference. ROSCO (14 years ago, 21-Mar-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: The future of LDraw?

(...) I wanted to make sure people weren't turned away from LeoCAD because they might think they'd be dependent on third parties to provide a parts library, that's just not true, so people SHOULD check it out. It's certainly my LCAD tool of choice (...) (14 years ago, 21-Mar-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: The future of LDraw?

(...) That's a really good explanation of why the 'rules and regulations' have grown alongside the part library and software. Tim (14 years ago, 21-Mar-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: The future of LDraw?

(...) How widespread a problem is that, though? I know that some parts do indeed have two numbers, but this would seem a glitch that should have been resolved eight or more years ago, no? I mean, when you can turn a brick over and say "Yep, it's a (...) (14 years ago, 22-Mar-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: The future of LDraw?

(...) First, let me make it clear that I am not a supporter of this policy (the fact that I have to write "policy" makes me feel a tad ill, to be honest). I was reporting, not defending. You quoted the most relevant portion of what I wrote. "The (...) (14 years ago, 22-Mar-10, to lugnet.cad)