 CAD / 17094
Re: The future of LDraw?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 21 Mar 2010 11:01:54 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Joshua Delahunty wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Ross Crawford wrote:

There is also LeoCAD, which has some great features MLCad doesn't have. It
sufferes from not being able to use the official parts library (directly), but
it's database is regularly updated.

And as a bonus it's available for Linux too. I'm surprised someone hasn't tried
to build it for Mac, give Bricksmith a little friendly competition ;)

LeoCAD directly imports LDRAW parts.  There's no need to wait for an update of
its database.  It is as simple as downloading from the parts tracker, and then
importing into LeoCAD itself.

Yes that is correct, but importing the files is not using them directly, as most
other LDraw programs do. And for folks that have multiple parts folders, that
can make a big difference.

ROSCO