 CAD / 17055
Re: The future of LDraw?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 2010 02:52:50 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Timothy Gould wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Steve Bliss wrote:
Err, how am I supposed to remember which "dozens of threads" I visited
yesterday?  Most "forum" software seems pretty aggressive about not
showing visited/unvisited links.

Not sure which forums you visit but they must be unusually obtuse. Just
about everywhere I visit tells you which threads have new posts since
you last visited and an unread topics page.

Really?  I kinda like to browse Eurobricks.  Lots going on there, with
plenty of great pictures.  Once I tried to help someone with lsynth and
then (I'm embarassed to say) I couldn't find my way back to that topic
the next day.  Even logged in I can't seem to find a way to get anything
like this view on lugnet, which marks visited posts whether you're
logged in or just lurking.

  http://news.lugnet.com/cad/?n=*,-200&v=c

Am I missing something somewhere?  It'd be really nice if we could have
something that combines the best features of lugnet with the modern look
and posting features of the newer sites.

Don