 CAD / 17053
Re: The future of LDraw?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 2010 01:48:09 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Steve Bliss wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Jeffrey Findley wrote:
One advantage to a linear layout is that it's easy to follow dozens of threads
from day to day.  The site designers set these things up in such a way that when
you click on a thread you visited yesterday, your web browser automatically
scrolls down to where you left off yesterday.

Err, how am I supposed to remember which "dozens of threads" I visited
yesterday?  Most "forum" software seems pretty aggressive about not showing
visited/unvisited links.

I don't spend a lot of time in forums, but the only useful one I've found is at
forum.nasaspaceflight.com -- it has an "unread topics" page, so it really is
easy to find active discussions which have messages I haven't seen.

Not sure which forums you visit but they must be unusually obtuse. Just about
everywhere I visit tells you which threads have new posts since you last visited
and an unread topics page.

--snip--

Steve

Tim