 CAD / 17051
Re: The future of LDraw?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 16 Mar 2010 23:22:40 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Tore Eriksson wrote:
Maybe LUGNET is best suited for LDraw and complexed cad.dev discussions? Maybe
it has been a bad thing mainly for the vitality of LDraw that LUGNET has been
deserted? Not LDraw usage, because I have already seen enough evidence that this
apsect of LDraw is very much alive and new users are attracted. I could live
with these tech discussions being moved to LDraw.org. But that demands someone
migrates the whole forum over there. Preferably with an archive of all CAD
discussion made on LUGNET. (What a job!) If not for any other reason, so for the
sake of LDraw,  LUGNET News must be saved (and hopefully vitalized!) until we
have some other "hub" where we can discuss LCad tech stuff.

/Tore

I'd see LDraw getting a forum system with most aspects of the bulletin board
system like user accounts instead of emails *but* having a threaded layout like
here on LUGNET.

I myself do not know anybody who uses LDraw or even LEGO for that matter. But
that might have something to do with my age rather than the other people. :)

-Santeri