 CAD / 16367
16366  |  16368
Subject:
Bricksmith 2.2: Your Favorite(s)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Tue, 28 Jul 2009 04:58:07 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Bricksmith 2.2 adds the following features:
  • Part favorites
  • Supports MacBook trackpad gestures
  • Middle mouse button activates spin mode
  • Pen tablet eraser deletes parts
  • Colors sort by hue

It also fixes the following bugs:
  • Center-click/smooth zoom in Perspective views actually centers the model
  • Part references to empty submodels work fine
  • Won’t add “copy X” suffix when reordering models within a file
  • Can’t zoom to 0%

Yes, Bricksmith now has a “favorites” category; you can mark random parts and have them appear in this special category. This has been either the #1 or #2 most-requested feature over the life of Bricksmith, so enjoy. Personally, I have no idea what it’s good for, but apparently other people do.

In addition to some neat new integration with alternate-input devices, I’m very happy to report that the center-click-in-perspective-mode bug is now essentially fixed in Bricksmith 2.2. I say “essentially” because centering a perspective projection is non-trivial. If you click in empty space rather than on a part, there is no way to deduce exactly where in space you want to center on. But chances are it will still get a lot closer than it used to.

Bricksmith requires Mac OS X 10.4 or later, and may be download at http://bricksmith.sourceforge.net/. It is both Intel and PowerPC native.

Sincerely,
Allen Smith