 CAD / 15817
Re: Opinions needed for Color and Edge Values
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 8 Dec 2008 20:48:30 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Michael Heidemann wrote:
Thanks Jaco for this hint. The above lines are all the lines that are not the
same the standard MLCad colors. And in this case this are really standard MLCad
color. MLCad has a build in check for colors. So we can change the MLCad.cfg, to
what we want, but if it is different from standard you will get these lines in
every file you save with MLCad.
Some colors are not allowed to be defined in an dat, ldr or mpd file.
That is why you get this error. Nobody has claimed that before. So patching
MLCad.cfg is NOT a good way. But you can delete that lines in your file and if
you use the same MLCad.cfg the time you load the file again, the colors will
look the same.

As it happens, I've also been experimenting with changing MLCad.cfg, and I've
discovered something which may be of interest here: MLCad appears to check only
that the _name_ of the colour has not been altered from its in-built setting,
not the RGB values.  Additionally, it does not check the names for the first ~60
colours (and some of the later ones too, although I can't remember which now).

The upshot of this is that you should be able to edit the colour values without
the "0 COLOR" comments being added to every file you save from then on, provided
that you can live without their names in the editor :-)  I've successfully
rewritten my .cfg file with the RGB values from the last official release of
ldconfig.ldr, which has made a huge difference to editing models!

Alex