 CAD / 15692
Re: Opinions needed for Color and Edge Values
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 20 Nov 2008 19:24:07 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Anders Isaksson wrote:
mikeheide wrote:

Maybe the guys that are working on the color values should first
calibrate their systems.

I'd say "Definitely!"

I just found a good side here:
http://www.simpelfilter.de/en/colorman/whitepoint.html

Thanks! I've now adjusted my monitor to gamma 2.2 (through the graphics card
settings) according to that page, and now I don't have to adjust gamma
inside PaintShop Pro anymore!

Unfortunately, the comparison2.jpg still shows black where it should show
green, but I can't increase gamma or brightness any more, or the screen
would be unusable for anything else.

Maybe this is also an issue regarding the jpg file format. I have just loaded
that picture file to the picture program "Paint.NET" and found with the color
picker that the values for the green color is approx. R 4 - G 15 - B 9. That is
realy very very dark. If I do a zoom to the picture I can see better the green
color.
There is also another question that we have to check! Do we each (each person)
see the same colors? I think no. I had a collegue at work that could not decide
if it is green or red!! And maybe we have also such users between us. So we
should (if possible) not decide because of "it looks good". We need to have an
objective rule. But at present I have no idea. Maybe there is no solution for
this and we have just to decide what to do.

cu
mikeheide