 CAD / 15623
15622  |  15624
Subject:
L3PAO Update Status (Re: "LGEO" and "L3P v1.4 BETA 20080930")
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 9 Oct 2008 04:10:13 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

In lugnet.announce, Lars C. Hassing wrote:
   Lutz Uhlmann and I are happy and proud to announce the release of a new large set of the LGEO parts and the supporting L3P.

I’ve been working the last couple of days to update L3PAO so that it will accommodate all of Lars’ enhancements to L3P. It isn’t fully-tested yet, but I figured I’d give everyone a look at the interface changes. I think I’ve incorporated all the new switches and options, along with enhancing the way L3PAO handled things beyond the scope of L3P. The light creation portion is massively overhauled. You can see all 20 lights, all their values and even a color sample, at once. And you can do this for up to 20 preset scenes (each containing up to 20 lights). I think it makes editing much easier.

I have a few questions about certain interdependencies, etc, but Lars and I can work that out once he releases.

I’m also curious about the Windows limit for an execution string. I know we had problems hitting the dos max of 128 chars before my last update which took the execution to full 32-bit. I wonder if we’ll hit another cap, because I can see the command lines getting pretty long if you add a bunch of include files which are deeply-pathed. You can see in the last screenshot that my playing around generated a line over 460 chars long, and there are plenty of unclicked options remaining.

There is still work to be done on scene saving/loading since all the new switches will need to be incorporated in the new save file format. Once I’m ready for an official release (which will be 2.0) I’ll post an announcement, in the meantime, enjoy the screenshots.

Camera settings (Up to 20 preset camera locations can be saved):

Light settings (All values are edited by dbl-clicking anywhere in the grid):

POV-Ray settings (Include files before and after, launch POV to render when done):

LGEO settings/Options (Use the new LGEO, Anton’s parts, set priority, etc):