 CAD / 15618
Re: "LGEO" and "L3P v1.4 BETA 20080930"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 5 Oct 2008 23:19:19 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Orion Pobursky wrote:
For Windows, you should add the App Data directory for a searched location.
Microsoft recommends and Vista security requires that program specific config
files be located there, preferably in a specific folder.  For LDDP I create an
LDraw folder specifically for this purpose.

OK, good idea. You mean the %APPDATA% environment variable ?
Where should it go in the search order ?   Like this:

   The LDRAWINI environment variable
   %APPDATA%\LDraw.ini
   %USERPROFILE%\LDraw.ini
   %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\LDraw.ini
   LDrawDir\LDraw.ini
   %windir%\LDraw.ini
   C:\Windows\LDraw.ini

Now that I think about it, the LSC
could probably define the location preference for each platform.

Yes. I have added the locations I have collected during the years
from various postings.
/Lars