 CAD / 15490
Re: BlueBrick
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 31 Aug 2008 20:43:07 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Alban NANTY wrote:
Hi,

I gave the exclusivity to RailBrick to announce the release of BlueBrick my new
Lego Train Layout Editor but of course I'm very excited about receiving your
comments, suggestions or bug report. I'm also open to any proposition of
contribution.

Please don't hesitate to post here or send me by email your thought.

PS: I want to appologize to all the linux and Mac users, but C# and .Net
Framework is so powerfull that it becomes very easy to make good software very
quickly. I won't be able to do the same work in the same amount of time with a
cross-platform C++ language. I'm not specially a big fan of Microsoft, but I
have to say that their development environment are amazing...

I just have tried your new prog and I have so far only some comments:
1) It would be nice to have a zoom possibility.
2) I tried the blue rails and the export to ldr surprises me. There is only one
rail instead of 2 and the plates are missing and the rails to not fit to each
other.

Otherwise a good attempt to bring such an application to an updated version.

cu
mikeheide

Re: BlueBrick
I just have tried your new prog and I have so far only some comments:
1) It would be nice to have a zoom possibility.

You already have this feature since the first release.
Use the mouse wheel, or alternatively if you don't use a mouse with a wheel or
if you use a touch pad, you can use "CTRL+SHIT+left mouse click+mouse move".

To pan the view, you can use "mouse wheel click+mouse move" or alternatively
"ALT+SHIT+left mouse click+mouse move"

2) I tried the blue rails and the export to ldr surprises me. There is only one
rail instead of 2 and the plates are missing and the rails to not fit to each
other.

Yes, that's true, it's a bug.
I'll try to fix it in a future release.

Otherwise a good attempt to bring such an application to an updated version.

Thanks.

Re: BlueBrick
   2) I tried the blue rails and the export to ldr surprises me. There is only one rail instead of 2 and the plates are missing and the rails to not fit to each other.

Yes, that’s true, it’s a bug. I’ll try to fix it in a future release.

Hi Michael,

I’ve just released a new version of BlueBrick that fix the problem for the 4.5V and 12V rails. But you will need to upload some unofficial LDraw parts from the LDRAW.org part tracker, especially the new shortcuts created by Philo for the 4.5V straight and curve.

This release also contains a first implementation for saving in TrackDesigner (*.TDL) format. There are still some bugs (related to the polarity and the slopes) but globally the layout seems ok.

You can get the new release from: http://bluebrick.lswproject.com/ and the direct link to download the zip file is: http://bluebrick.lswproject.com/download/BlueBrick.1.2.zip

Enjoy!

Re: BlueBrick