 CAD / 15062
Re: Problem with Primitive Generator
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 29 Jan 2008 08:19:13 GMT

Paul,

This thread perfectly describes the problem. Unfortunately Paul didn't update
PrimGen...

Shame on me for these words! I should wear better glasses.

I believe this was corrected back in November of 2003. There have been other
updates to PrimGen since then.
Look under options, 'original style cyli and cones'.
I do not recall a discussion where it was ever decided to change to the "newer"
configuration so I set the option 'on' at start. (it does not save this setting)

Thanks a lot, Paul. Indeed it solves that issue. The official cylinder
primitives are now new style so I guess the option could be set to off now
(though most cone primitives have not been updated).

Now I have a request: could the new tangent style be applied to inside and
outside torus primitives? I noticed yesterday an ugly line appearing at the
junction between a torus and a cylinder...

Thanks anyway for this great tool!

Philo