 CAD / 14942
    Re: Previous step color scaling —Jim DeVona
   (...) Well, that's what LPub does, right? Anyway, PreL3P should work at a Windows DOS prompt (or whatever you call it), so the PreL3P-LDView technique we talk about here should be possible in Windows. The shell script does require unix or cygwin, (...) (17 years ago, 30-Oct-07, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Previous step color scaling —Jaco van der Molen
   (...) LOL! I know (ofcourse). I wrote it wrong. I ment: how can one use the script Travis provided to insert the PreL3P codes into the LDraw files :-) (...) No it won't be fun at all :-( (...) I am still a bit confused how to work things out with (...) (17 years ago, 30-Oct-07, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Previous step color scaling —Travis Cobbs
   (...) Try the following (assumes Win2K/WinXP): Download cygwin from (URL) (click the "Install or update now!" link) Run cygwin's setup.exe file that you downloaded Follow the instructions for a default install and choose a working mirror. (I used (...) (17 years ago, 31-Oct-07, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

        Re: Previous step color scaling —Don Heyse
   (...) Or if you're really, really scared of cygwin, this StepFade.bat file might work on XP. But I didn't test it all that much, and I don't claim to know all the nuances of the old DOS fc and find commands. The unix diff and grep commands are so (...) (17 years ago, 31-Oct-07, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

        Re: Previous step color scaling —Jaco van der Molen
   (...) Me? Scared? No :-) I have succesfully installed Cygwin on my XP PC and Vista Laptop. After some errors and Travis helping me solve those, I am now able to run his script and create LDraw files with the PreL3P commands in them. Thanks for your (...) (17 years ago, 2-Nov-07, to lugnet.cad, FTX)