 CAD / 14340
NEW SOFTWARE: PicToBrick - Make your own mosaic!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.build.mosaic
Date:
Fri, 19 Jan 2007 16:47:34 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hello!

I’m posting this on behalf of Tobias Reichling:

Hi,

we - Adrian Schütz and Tobias Reichling, two German students (computer science) - have passed our diploma with the title:

“Generating mosaics from multicolor raster graphics by optimized interaction of improved and newly developed quantisation and tiling algorithms”

In addition to the written paper we have made the software PicToBrick! PicToBrick is a software to generate mosaics from digital pictures. The materials to construct the mosaic as well as their colours and forms can be chosen freely. For mosaics constructed by Ministeck® and LEGO® PicToBrick provides complete system configurations. These configurations contain information for current colours and respectively forms of elements and can be modified and enlarged user-defined.

To get results as good as possible for different master illustrations seven methods of colour definition (quantisation) are at your disposal. In addition you can choose between five methods to define the element forms (tiling).

Besides the produced mosaic picture PicToBrick provides a multitude of different output documents. Among other things they contain a list of materials, a building instruction as well as information about the utilised colours and forms of material.

PicToBrick was completely developed in JAVA and can be used cross platform (Windows, Linux, Mac). The software is published as open source under GPL2. Furthermore PricToBrick is gratis.

For more information see: http://www.pictobrick.de (page available in German and English).

(on the left side: Tobias Reichling - on the right side: Adrian Schütz)

Best Regards,

Adrian Schütz (pictobrick@basezero.net) Tobias Reichling (pictobrick@t-reichling.de)

p.s.: If you find bugs or have questions or improvements or something else please contact us via email!

p.s.: We are pleased about every link you put on PicToBrick.de. Therefor you can use the following banners and buttons: http://www.pictobrick.de/content_en/links.html