 CAD / 13925
Re: Tutorial on reviewing parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 16 Jul 2006 10:57:21 GMT

Niels Bugge wrote:
So, I made this tutorial about being a reviewer and review parts in the Parts
Tracker:

<http://www.l3go.bugge.com/articles/Reviewing-parts-tutorial.shtml>

{Eventually it’ll end up in the article section of Ldraw, but right now I’d just
like to hear some feedback/suggestions from the general community, especially
concerning illustrations.}

A couple of other points that may be worth mentioning:
1) LDView can do BFC checking now (I use this all the time)
2) LDDP has a "fix error" option for most errors L3P can find, including
bowtie quads.

Other than that it looks good.

Thank you

--
Dean Earley, Dee (dean@earlsoft.co.uk)

irc:    irc://irc.blitzed.org/
web:    http://personal.earlsoft.co.uk
phone:  +44 (0)780 8369596

Re: Tutorial on reviewing parts
A couple of other points that may be worth mentioning:
1) LDView can do BFC checking now (I use this all the time)

You can still only look at the files in ldview right? (it doesn't have any extra
features compared to lab?)

2) LDDP has a "fix error" option for most errors L3P can find, including
bowtie quads.

Cool, thanks! I'll add a note about that (and use it heavily :D )

Cheers NB

Re: Tutorial on reviewing parts
A couple of other points that may be worth mentioning:
1) LDView can do BFC checking now (I use this all the time)

You can still only look at the files in ldview right? (it doesn't have any extra
features compared to lab?)

Yeah, its just a viewer, but looks a lot nicer.
I never got on with L3Lab, not entirely sure why.

2) LDDP has a "fix error" option for most errors L3P can find, including
bowtie quads.

Cool, thanks! I'll add a note about that (and use it heavily :D )

IIRC, it can fix all but the non coplanar quads.

--
Dean Earley, Dee (dean@earlsoft.co.uk)

irc:    irc://irc.blitzed.org/
web:    http://personal.earlsoft.co.uk
phone:  +44 (0)780 8369596

Re: Tutorial on reviewing parts
So, I made this tutorial about being a reviewer and review parts in the Parts
Tracker:

<http://www.l3go.bugge.com/articles/Reviewing-parts-tutorial.shtml>

{Eventually it’ll end up in the article section of Ldraw, but right now I’d just
like to hear some feedback/suggestions from the general community, especially
concerning illustrations.}

A couple of other points that may be worth mentioning:
1) LDView can do BFC checking now (I use this all the time)

it will not work on all graphic cards corretly. at least it doesn't on my ATI
Radeon 9000. trinagles with a wrong winding will always show up in correct
green.