 CAD / 13789
Re: Stereograms of my Space and Vignette MOCs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 9 May 2006 19:09:55 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Timothy Gould wrote:
   moved to lugnet.cad

In lugnet.space, Jeffery MacEachern wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Timothy Gould wrote:
   Hi Joe,

A little figeye experiment

figeye view

I can’t tell if it works since I can’t make these things work but in theory it should be right (assuming a fig eye spacing of 2/3 brick width).

Tim

Hey Tim,

Looks great! I’m not completely clear on what you were trying to accomplish - but it looks like you were able to do it. I’ve tried the steriogram, and it’s quite impressive.
How would you replicate this in LDView? It doesn’t have labelling on the slider for the stereogram setting. Is there another rendering program that would work better for this?

Jeffery MacEachern
BS: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Jaem
MOCPages: http://mocpages.com/home.php/3584
Blog: http://bricksnbytes.blogspot.com

Hi Jeffrey,

I was just trying to render it in 3D such that it would look right if the viewer was a minifig standing on the ground plane. I’m not sure you could replicate it in LDView as it used non-orthogonal cameras. It is based on the include file from here (which also gives some of the theory) and I used POVray for the rendering.

POVray is probably the most powerful free tool for doing this sort of thing and, as the link shows, has a lot of experts working on stuff for it. If you want to do more Lego CAD I recommend learning it as it lets you make some really excellent images with some good include files and practise.

Tim

And this is what I would like to see some exploration on...what would it look like to see a train lineup as a minifig? Or spacecraft? Tim, your subway stations would be great places to try this!

Joe