 CAD / 13281
Re: Crazy idea for third-party Factory-like service
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 28 Aug 2005 23:31:18 GMT

On 27/08/05, Larry Whitman <larry.whitman@wichita.edu> wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Joe Strout wrote:
Beautiful idea!

If I may add a slight suggestion...

How about just writing some code for bricklink and selling it to them which
takes an mlcad model and scans Bricklink for the best deal for those pieces or
all pieces from one vendor etc. Kind of like peeron does for individual pieces
already (at least I don't think this capability already exists!)

Larry

Crazy sounding ideas always turn out to be the best ones. The
bricklink thing could also link with the peeron parts list, so you
already have a good idea of which bricks you already have. However -
those may be tied up in other models. I really like the sound of use.

Orionrobots
--
http://orionrobots.co.uk - Build Robots