 Boats / 534
533  |  535
Subject:
More information about viking ships (Was: Viking Longship)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.boats, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Wed, 12 Apr 2006 09:57:42 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Olof Dahlberg wrote:

Here are some links for more info:
Intact viking ship with data and links to other ships (Swedish site):
http://susning.nu/Gokstadsskeppet

Images (new and ancient) and pictures of newly made ships (also in Swedish,
with part ot the text in english):
http://axelnelson.com/skepp/ovriga.html
http://axelnelson.com/skepp/ovvik.htm

Link collection with many pictures and old and new ships:
http://www.vikingship.net/

In addition there's the Museum of Viking Ships in Roskilde, Denmark:

   http://www.vikingeskibsmuseet.dk/

Play well,

Jacob

PS: Any chance we'll get a "lugnet.vikings" group?
--
Bison (building instructions):
                      http://lego.jacob-sparre.dk/Dyr/Bison/