 Aquazone / *1010 (-10)
Re: LEGO Atlantis TV show?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.aquazone
Date:
Mon, 18 Jan 2010 23:36:50 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, David Laswell wrote:
I was checking for something else in the TV listings for Saturday when I noticed
that Cartoon Network will be running a half hour program called "Lego Atlantis"
at 9:30am.  It appears to be a one-shot program with no scheduled repeats, and
it has the following description attached:

A deep sea salvage crew embarks upon a dangerous mission to scour the depths of
the ocean is(sic) search of the mythical lost city of Atlantis.

Do a search on Youtube.  You'll find it in 5 parts.  It's not bad--covers a lot
of the sets, some humor that the kids will laugh at, and there's a few things
for the parents and fans. (Look at the end for the "AFOL Times")..

Scott
(who lives in Atlanta--home of Cartoon Network..and the Atlanta LEGO
store/outlet)..

Subject:
LEGO Atlantis TV show?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.aquazone
Date:
Sat, 16 Jan 2010 10:01:43 GMT

I was checking for something else in the TV listings for Saturday when I noticed
that Cartoon Network will be running a half hour program called "Lego Atlantis"
at 9:30am.  It appears to be a one-shot program with no scheduled repeats, and
it has the following description attached:

A deep sea salvage crew embarks upon a dangerous mission to scour the depths of
the ocean is(sic) search of the mythical lost city of Atlantis.

Re: A simple but colorful sea diorama
Newsgroups:
lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.build.sculpture
Date:
Thu, 2 Oct 2008 14:27:54 GMT

Innovative and cool. I like this a lot, there seems to be food for thought and accompaniment for chips everywhere you look.

Great work and God Bless,

Nathan

Re: Stingray- Aquatic Strike Mecha
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, lugnet.aquazone
Date:
Thu, 2 Oct 2008 14:23:20 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Andrew Todd Amacher wrote:
Check out the Stingray-

LMKWYT,
Todd

Nicely understated, and a very nice concept. I like the fluidity of the design,
and it is great to see a sub MOC again. I'm cross posting to .aquazone to
celebrate.

Thanks for sharing and God Bless,

Nathan

Re: A simple but colorful sea diorama
Newsgroups:
lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.build.sculpture
Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 2008 06:45:42 GMT

In lugnet.aquazone, Brendan Powell Smith wrote:
   Very nice scene. Having tried my hand at an underwater diorama myself, I appreciate the challenge, but this looks great. Very clever construction on the various fish types.

-Brendan

High praise indeed, Brendan, coming from a master of biblical dioramas!

“Any resemblance to actual fish, living or deep fried, is purely accidental.”

Dave S.

Re: A simple but colorful sea diorama
Newsgroups:
lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.build.sculpture
Date:
Wed, 27 Aug 2008 20:50:28 GMT

Very nice scene. Having tried my hand at an underwater diorama myself, I appreciate the challenge, but this looks great. Very clever construction on the various fish types.

-Brendan

Re: A simple but colorful sea diorama
Newsgroups:
lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.build.sculpture
Date:
Tue, 26 Aug 2008 05:33:43 GMT

In lugnet.aquazone, Dave Sterling wrote:

This rocks my socks. You managed to get my favorite salt-water fish in there (Angelfish and Clownfish). I like the use of the clear supports to move the fish out into space. It gives the diorama a lot of depth. The colors are fantastic and really set this MOC off. The pirate “plume” used as a side fin is a nice touch. Bravo. The coral design is very intricate and really looks like coral when you take in the overall view of the MOC.

A nice take on the “school” idea. Great work!

-Dave

ToT-LUG

Thanks, Dave!

Any resemblance to actual fish was purely accidental, but I’m glad you saw some familiar faces! The coral was the most challenging part, especially trying to figure how to make it “branch” in a realistic way.

Dave S.

Re: A simple but colorful sea diorama
Newsgroups:
lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.build.sculpture
Date:
Mon, 25 Aug 2008 16:55:40 GMT

In lugnet.announce, David Simmons wrote:
   Hey all,

For your aquarian pleasure I’m pleased to present my entry for Baylug’s first East Bay meeting contest; “School.”

Tartar sauce, anyone? ;-P

Dave S.

This rocks my socks. You managed to get my favorite salt-water fish in there (Angelfish and Clownfish). I like the use of the clear supports to move the fish out into space. It gives the diorama a lot of depth. The colors are fantastic and really set this MOC off. The pirate “plume” used as a side fin is a nice touch. Bravo. The coral design is very intricate and really looks like coral when you take in the overall view of the MOC.

A nice take on the “school” idea. Great work!

-Dave

ToT-LUG

Subject:
new mocs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town, lugnet.space, lugnet.aquazone
Date:
Tue, 29 Jul 2008 02:58:58 GMT

An apartment over garage/carport from set 4886:

front: back: interior:

tv, fridge, sink: sink:

gallery post-mod

A house made from set 4956:

front: right: left:

back: 1st floor kitchen:

1st floor living: brick-built pot & eggbeater @ sink:

2nd floor- shower on left, sink, desk & beds:

gallery post-mod

Corellian-style Submarines from set 4505:

gallery post-mod

F3 starfire in LDD (cannot be ordered as pieces are not available in certain colors now:

Hoverbike made from set 4098, rendered to show more consistent colorscheme:

gallery post-mod

Enjoy!

Jeff

Re: "ARREST THAT ROBOT!"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.disney, lugnet.aquazone
Date:
Thu, 19 Jun 2008 21:58:46 GMT

How about an aquazone version Joe? You know you want to...

God Bless,

Nathan

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact