 Announcements / Peeron™ / * (-5)
Subject:
Millennium Falcon UCS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.inv, lugnet.announce.peeron
Date:
Tue, 8 May 2007 14:27:03 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Thanks to Steve and Jan, I just added to Peeron LEGO's inventory of the
Millennium Falcon UCS.

Take a look!

  http://peeron.com/inv/sets/10179-1

Corrections are always welcome!

--
Dan Boger
dan@peeron.com

Subject:
Peeron Memory Upgrade
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.peeron, lugnet.db.inv
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2007 21:38:29 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Peeron has been growing by leaps and bounds since our last major upgrade two years ago - especially after the instruction scan library was moved from http://brickshelf.com to PICSL. While this is great news many of you will have noticed that recently we have been serving pages sluggishly. The main bottleneck appears to be the server memory. We want to bring our speed back up to what we all expect and to do this we need to upgrade the server’s memory.

Thankfully, the main server can support additional memory. To double the amount of memory available, Peeron will need to pay a $400 upgrade fee.

Peeron currently gets over 350,000 visitors each month and another 100,000 to LDraw.org. This is more than three times the traffic we had when we switched to this server 2 years ago. Hopefully with this upgrade we’ll be able to continue this growth!

To donate, please visit http://www.peeron.com/inv/donation_drive.

Subject:
Peeron and PICSL updates
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.peeron, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.db.scans
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 2007 06:23:00 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Just a quick update on what's going on with Peeron and PICSL recently:

- With the new year, Peeron is now able to show instructions from 2003.  36 were
made available at midnight on the 1st, and since then, 11 more were added.  See
all available 2003 instructions here:

  http://peeron.com/scans/?s=0&tid=0&year=2003

- New links were added from sets to Shop@Home when a set is available - for
instance, the ISD:  http://peeron.com/inv/sets/10030-1

- New RSS feeds were added:
  - All LEGO sets available at Amazon.com:
    http://peeron.com/tickers/amazonsales.xml
  - All LEGO sets available at Shop@home:
    http://peeron.com/tickers/legosales.xml
  - All LEGO sales, both on Amazon and S@H:
    http://peeron.com/tickers/sales.xml

I do realize the site has been too slow lately, and I just wanted to let you
guys know that I am trying to find a solution to this problem.

As always, comments and suggestions are welcome!

Dan

FUT lugnet.db.inv (for lack of a better place)

Subject:
Peeron Firefox Extension (beta)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.peeron, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 2006 18:06:16 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

This is my first attempt at writing a firefox extension.  It will allow looking
up information about sets mentioned in posts on various LEGO sites.  See
screenshots, examples and install it from here:

  http://www.peeron.com/inv/Firefox_Extensions

I hope this might be useful!

Dan

FUT lugnet.off-topic.geek

Subject:
Catalog scans now online
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.peeron, lugnet.db.scans, lugnet.inst, lugnet.publish
Date:
Tue, 13 Sep 2005 20:20:00 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

I'm happy to announce that the Brickshelf Catalog scans are now online
on PICSL.  Check it out at

  http://www.peeron.com/scans/

And while you're at it, submit new catalogs (and instructions scans)!

  http://www.peeron.com/uploadpic

As always, any comments and suggestions are more than welcome!

Dan and Jennifer Boger
Peeron.com

FUT lugnet.inst

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact