 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 808
807  |  809
Subject:
Early build photos of my second fire station
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town, lugnet.org.ca.nalug
Date:
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 21:47:18 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Good day eh 8^)

until moderation these are also usuable:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=311911 through

Nothing terribly exciting here yet.  The subject pretty much nails the idea.
My first fire station MOC lost an argument with a concrete/tiled floor. (I
think I found everything).  This, um unfortunate turn of events necessitated
a complete rebuild.  Something bigger and better!!

These photos are only of a very early build stage.  I just thought that
maybe I should document this just so I can appreciate how much fun (and
time, sanity, and of course money) I had with this.  Most details are only
just fleshed out at this stage and subject to my whims.  For the most part
the tarmac is complete as is the memorial.  The clock tower is far from a
complete idea, more a rough form, awaiting parts/inspiration.

I rather like the bays I have.  There are to be four bays holding a maximum
of eight vehicles, but most likely less.  Several of the vehicles to be
included are courtesy of Will Hess(GOB - Bricksburg Depot) and it is his
Tiller design(http://www.bricksburg.org/forsale.htm) that ultimately
convinced me to make it larger than I expected.  Thanks Will!!! (meant in a
good way 8^)

I only presently have two garage doors in the appropriate colors so that is
only why there are two present.  The back of the bays will all be double
door designs.  I debated this, but felt that for larger vehicles it would
simply be easier to just drive through.  That or I could have vehicles
facing both ways.

Any comments, both good and bad, as well as suggestions welcome.

thanks =^)

Jason Krish
NALUG