 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 772
    MOC: Willys Jeep with variations —Mattias Martensson
   Hi again It is now time to present my new MOC of the famous US W.W.II Willys Jeep. (URL) jeep has been modelled by a number of talented builders before me. I have specially studied models made by Fredrik Glöckner, Shaun Sullivan and Toshiaki (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jan-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.loc.se) !

        Re: MOC: Willys Jeep with variations —Tobbe Arnesson
     (...) Nice job! (21 years ago, 18-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.military)

         Re: MOC: Willys Jeep with variations —Mattias Martensson
     Thanks Tobbe I am glad you like the models. Regarding the orange and dark grey version it was just an experiment from the beginning, but I found that orange and dark greu contrast to each other in an exciting way. My first dark grey seat-area was (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.military)

        Re: MOC: Willys Jeep with variations —Joe Meno
     (...) impressed how you made it scale well with minifigs. Turns out that car bod part is the easiest to get two minifigs side by side. You did a great job with the color variants also...so much I'll be making one of these soon with some kind of (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.military)

         Re: MOC: Willys Jeep with variations —Mattias Martensson
     (...) Thanks Meno! I will try to make and publish a dat-file ASAP. The construction of the model is not very complicated so I think you can manage to make one yourself. Please contact me if you run in to trouble. I am looking forward to see your (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.military)

         Re: MOC: Willys Jeep with variations —Mattias Martensson
     (...) Sorry I ment of course Thanks Joe! Mattias PS. I have just studied your fine minifig roadsters. I see that you also used the seat-piece with success. I will try to make me a copy. Thanks for the instructions. (21 years ago, 19-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.military)

         Re: MOC: Willys Jeep with variations —Joe Meno
     (...) lol...you're not the first one to do this, nor the last! (...) No prob..and I hope to get a jeep done VERY soon!! Joe Meno (21 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.military)

        Re: MOC: Willys Jeep with variations —William R. Ward
   (...) I think that the hood/bonnet on the "girls" version is better than the flat hood used on the others. The only complaint I have is that the wheels are a bit big. I would have used a different kind of wheel. And I would add 1x1 clear round (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.military)

        Re: MOC: Willys Jeep with variations —Constantine Hannaher
   I wonder, Bill, if you are thinking of the civilian CJ series. This MOC is of the military Jeep, where I do believe the flat hood is prototypical. This also explains the low door and high back, which is opposite to the arrangement on current (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.military)

        Re: MOC: Willys Jeep with variations —Mattias Martensson
   (...) Thanks Constantine and Bill for showing interest in my little models. To the weekend I will make an ldraw picture explaining the fender mounting (2x1 panel + 1x1 corner panel fixed to a 1x3 plate mounted on the side of a 1x2 technic brick with (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.military)

        Re: MOC: Willys Jeep with variations —Constantine Hannaher
   For some reason I was stuck on using the 1x2 brick with tilt top! Thanks for the hint, but I find that placing the panels a plate lower brings them in line with the headlights rather than above them and have found the effect congenial while not (...) (21 years ago, 23-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.military)

        Re: MOC: Willys Jeep with variations —Mattias Martensson
   Hi For those of you interested to build the Willys Jeep I have now put up Ldraw instructions of the model on Bricklink (URL) (21 years ago, 26-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.military)

        Re: MOC: Willys Jeep with variations —Constantine Hannaher
   Thank you for your effort, Mattias. Interesting that I have the same wheelbase but that one extra plate of height, and one studs' worth less length at the back, should make a difference. (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.military)

        Re: MOC: Willys Jeep with variations —Mattias Martensson
   (...) Fine pictures Constantine I like the shorter back. I think its more true to the original. Mattias (21 years ago, 26-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.military)