 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 772
MOC: Willys Jeep with variations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.loc.se
Date:
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 21:23:17 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hi again

It is now time to present my new MOC of the famous US W.W.II Willys Jeep.

Willys jeep has been modelled by a number of talented builders before me. I
have specially studied models made by Fredrik Glöckner, Shaun Sullivan and
Toshiaki Nisiyori before I wrote my own specification.

1  The model shall be in minifig scale but kept small since the original is
so small. A width of 5 studs would be preferable. It is also important that
the height of the model is kept low as the minfig is such a short person.

2. Two minfigs must be able to sit side by side in the front seat.

3.  "Free studs on top" is to be avoided (tiles on top instead)

4.  The model shall hold together well and not break during normal handling

5.  Rare parts should be avoided

6. It shall be possible to make the model in different colours schemes and
variants. Grey and dark grey is obligatory.

7. If some SNOT can be included this is an advantage

8  The model must look good and be recognisable as Willys Jeep.

I have done my best to fulfil the requirements.

1.  The model has a width of 5 studs (6 over the wheels) and a body length
of 12 studs (15 over all)
.
2. As centre element I have used the Car, Base 6 x 5 x 2 with 2 Seats, part
no 30149. The part is available in tan, grey, dark grey and black.

For 3-8 I think is best to look at the pictures and judge for yourself.

Please let me know what you think

Mattias