 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 538
Subject:
The Invincible IronMan!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 19:02:59 GMT

I have completed my lego incarnation of the Marvel superhero Iron Man! I had
the hardest time getting the face right at first i tried creating it solely
out of bricks but it stopped looking like Ironman when I did so i decided to
just draw his face on.  Tell me what you think? I used Gla Gla's genuis
armature skeleton for his upper body once i made the skeleton it was so easy
to just add on the body. That mecha skeleton is genuis Gla Gla...gonna use
it I think for my next creation Star Wars dark stormtrooper from jedi knight.

Re: The Invincible IronMan!
In lugnet.announce.moc, James Harkness writes:
I have completed my lego incarnation of the Marvel superhero Iron Man! I had
the hardest time getting the face right at first i tried creating it solely
out of bricks but it stopped looking like Ironman when I did so i decided to
just draw his face on.  Tell me what you think?

Now, don't take this the wrong way, 'cause you've built a darn fine Iron Man...

...but in this picture
(http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=247975), and others that
don't show his legs...he looks like Drix from Osmosos Jones/Ozzy and Drix.

At least he does to me. 8?)

Matt

Re: The Invincible IronMan!
In lugnet.build.mecha, Matthew Gerber writes:
In lugnet.announce.moc, James Harkness writes:
I have completed my lego incarnation of the Marvel superhero Iron Man! I had
the hardest time getting the face right at first i tried creating it solely
out of bricks but it stopped looking like Ironman when I did so i decided to
just draw his face on.  Tell me what you think?

Now, don't take this the wrong way, 'cause you've built a darn fine Iron Man...

...but in this picture
(http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=247975), and others that
don't show his legs...he looks like Drix from Osmosos Jones/Ozzy and Drix.

At least he does to me. 8?)

Matt

TAKE IT THE WRONG WAY? TAKE IT THE WRONG WAY! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Just kidding yeah you have a point I was worried about that. I am terrible
at taking pictures of moc's. Thanx for the criticism I love it it's the best
way to get better.

Re: The Invincible IronMan!
Ah Tony Stark...how we miss thee.  A fine interpretation of the classic
character.  Last year, Marvel subbed out some of their titles for a
Mangaverse run in Asia and France....this style reminds me quite a bit of
their vision.

Cheers,
-G

[...]

A beuatiful rendition if I say so myself! I've got a similar idea in mind,
but it will take quite a few more parts-a life sized Iron Man Sculpture. I
guess I'm off to buy some bulk red and yellow....

;)

-Dave

Re: The Invincible IronMan!
Ah Tony Stark...how we miss thee.  A fine interpretation of the classic
character.  Last year, Marvel subbed out some of their titles for a
Mangaverse run in Asia and France....this style reminds me quite a bit of
their vision.

Cheers,
-G

Yeah I was going for a more manga inspired version especially the version of
Ironman Keron Grant drew in issues 387-391

I will also post a more classic looking version of Iron Man in the future.
Thax -James

Re: The Invincible IronMan!
In lugnet.build.mecha, Dave Johann writes:
In lugnet.announce.moc, James Harkness writes:
I have completed my lego incarnation of the Marvel superhero Iron Man! I had
the hardest time getting the face right at first i tried creating it solely
out of bricks but it stopped looking like Ironman when I did so i decided to
just draw his face on.  Tell me what you think? I used Gla Gla's genuis
armature skeleton for his upper body once i made the skeleton it was so easy
to just add on the body. That mecha skeleton is genuis Gla Gla...gonna use
it I think for my next creation Star Wars dark stormtrooper from jedi knight.

A beuatiful rendition if I say so myself! I've got a similar idea in mind,
but it will take quite a few more parts-a life sized Iron Man Sculpture. I
guess I'm off to buy some bulk red and yellow....

;)

-Dave

Life-sized holycow! Will you be able to get inside of it? That would be
totally cool! not that you could go anywhere but still cool if you could...