 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 4433
4432  |  4434
Subject:
The OTOMech Model TK-MM Mecha
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Sun, 23 Aug 2009 05:57:35 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I’ve just completed my first mecha build ever. It is the OTOMech Model TK-MM and is the brainchild of the industrial design unit of ToT-LUG Industries and it is the first mech to come out of the up-and-coming design house. Weighing in at roughly 100 tons, it is designed as a mid-sized walker designed to support a ground attack. The walker stands roughly 35 feet high and can achieve ground speeds of up to 24 km/hr in transit mode. In primary attack mode, speeds are slightly lower due to diversion of power from the main drive unit to the auxiliary weapons and countermeasures systems.

I have never built a mech before, but I got assigned the category in the first round of the 2009 MOCOlympics. As I was sketching out various ideas for this, I felt I needed to try something that nobody else had ever done. It needed to be something that would defy the traditional mech genre. The OTOMech Model TK-MM represents my “girlish” side that enjoys things like fashion, shopping, and Shojo manga. Thanks to Mark Larson for the Fabuland Armored Guard Lab and Unit-design Group “power brick”.

More pictures can be seen on Flickr and MOCPages.

Comments are appreciated.

-Dave