 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 4337
4336  |  4338
Subject:
The Asgard Fleet Arrived! (Stargate Mini Models)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.microscale
Date:
Sun, 30 Nov 2008 20:16:24 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hello dear community!

Today I want to present some new models from my Stargate side project to you. As you know, I mainly do Star Wars modelling, but am also fan of several other science fiction series. And today it’s time for Stargate.

A year ago in November 2007, I published the Prometheus and Daedalus, as well as seven Goa’uld starship types. And although Stargate is a more ground-based series, there are still some ships of interest to build.

And thus there are three ship classes of the Asgard fleet new by today!

Let’s start with the first Asgard ship class seen in the TV series, Thor’s former flagship, the Beliskner. Most presumably the class is also called Beliskner-class. I tried to add as many original details as possible like the hammer-shaped head and neck, flat hull and all gun emplacements. Wrenches and chainsaws were used for these. It appears in several episodes of the TV series (“Thor’s Chariot”, “Fair Game”, “Point Of View”, “Nemesis”, “Small Victories Part 2”, “Revelations”).

Click here or the image below to view the gallery: Beliskner-class Mothership

Named after Colonel Jack O’Neill of the SG-1 team, an improved an superior class was created, the O’Neill-class warships. While the ships of the Beliskner-class were rather powerful Science and Exploration vessels, the O’Neill-class was dedicated for combat. In general this class looks more sleek and aerodynamic than the Beliskner. It also appears in many episodes (“Small Victories Part 2”, “Revelations” Episode Guide”, “Unnatural Selection”, “New Order Part 1”, “Camelot Part 2”, “Flesh And Blood Part 3”).

Click here or the image below to view the gallery: O’Neill-class Mothership

The third ship for today is again a scientific type, the Daniel-Jackson-class named after SG-1 team member Daniel Jackson. This one probably features the most uncommon and difficult shape of the Asgard fleet starships. It’s a rounded and hollow construction, with round towers above and under the ship. The construction furthermore is hollow. I chose 1x3 rounded slopes and 1x1x2/slopes to get a proper rounding for the rear section. It was quite a puzzle to find a satisfying solution to add the SNOT rounded sides to the 3-wide front section. The Daniel-Jackson-class starship(s) only appear in few episodes (“New Order Part 1”, “New Order Part 2”, “Reckoning Part 1”).

Click here or the image below to view the gallery: Daniel-Jackson-class Mothership

With that I am done for today. Thank you for your interest and stepping by. Happy building and have a great start into the new week!

Yours Christopher