 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 4240
4239  |  4241
Subject:
Corporate Death Squad (aka Starbucks)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.town
Date:
Thu, 3 Jul 2008 20:31:35 GMT

I’ll preface this MOC by saying I’m not a big fan of “big chain coffee” (Starbucks, Caribou, etc.). I consider Starbucks the “Corporate Death Squad”. I must confess that I have been a patron of the ‘Bucks from time to time, but only when I can’t find a local joint to hit up. This cartoon pretty much sums my feelings up.

That said...I figured the Cafe Corner needed a little competition for “trendy coffee joint of the month” in my LEGO city. This Starbucks is modeled after a real one I found searching “Google Images”. I did the decal using a waterslide decal kit and the decal was printed on my Epson RX600 photo printer. Thank goodness for the Model Town House set as I now have enough tan to rock lots of buildings.

MOCPages page with more images.

-Dave

ToT-LUG