 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 4172
4171  |  4173
Subject:
Narrow Gauge 0-4-0
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Sat, 22 Mar 2008 11:24:21 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

This year’s Brickvention Build-In-Bag challenge was:

    4837 Mini Trains
73 elements, 0 figures, US$5, 2008
LEGO > SYSTEM > Creator

I was quite taken by the set, and the possibilities of rebuilding it to minifig scale, but preserving the gauge and, more or less, the width.

Eventually, the wheel arrangement, the drivers, and the colours were lost...

This is what I have come up with, the Port Brique Historic Railway Loco No 4:

Built with no particular prototype in mind, but partly inspired by various tall, thin narrow gauge locos I’ve seen pictures from from time to time, with a bit of added whimsy.

Here are some more pics:

Any thoughts, questions or suggestions most welcome.

Cheers

Richie Dulin