 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3954
  1970s sets in microscale

Inspired by reading Gary Istok's Unofficial Lego Sets/Parts Collector's Guide and webpages like Brickfetish, as well as delving into my own sense of nostalgia for classic Lego sets, I have started to build some of my favorite sets of the past in (...) (17 years ago, 5-Jun-07, to lugnet.announce.moc) !!

  Re: 1970s sets in microscale

In lugnet.announce.moc, Thomas Main wrote: <snip> (...) Suggestions for improvememnt???? THese are brilliant on their own! Nicely done--love all the nifty little details, especially the tipper on the waggon THe only suggestion-- More!! :) Dave K (17 years ago, 5-Jun-07, to lugnet.build.microscale)

  Re: 1970s sets in microscale

(...) These are fantastic, micro has come a long way, and you just raised the bar once again. Looking forward to seeing more now that you have been bit by the microbug. Janey "Red Brick" (17 years ago, 5-Jun-07, to lugnet.build.microscale)

  Re: 1970s sets in microscale

(...) Thomas, Last night I was building a 555, 580, and 560 and since I have these fresh in my mind I can comment that you have the look JUST RIGHT! Great idea and excellent implementation, Eric (17 years ago, 5-Jun-07, to lugnet.build.microscale)

  Re: 1970s sets in microscale

Hi, that's so great! Brilliant I would say. Hope to see more of them. Regards, Barbara (17 years ago, 5-Jun-07, to lugnet.build.microscale)

  Re: 1970s sets in microscale

(...) the Windmill), and these are excellent renditions. -- Tony Hafner (17 years ago, 5-Jun-07, to lugnet.build.microscale)

  Re: 1970s sets in microscale

(...) Now this is the neatest pictures I have seen so far. This is really interesting. You have a talent I wished I had as I love these old sets. How about a mini of the Constellation or the wild west set 365 or even the 354? I am going to have to (...) (17 years ago, 6-Jun-07, to lugnet.build.microscale)

  Re: 1970s sets in microscale

(...) Thomas, these are fantastic. You've not just captured the spirit of these models, but you've nailed a lot of the fine details as well. I saw your post yesterday and it really made my day, as the hospital and the brick yard are two of my (...) (17 years ago, 6-Jun-07, to lugnet.build.microscale)

  Re: 1970s sets in microscale

(...) Thomas-- These are awesome--brings back many happy daydreams of "gee, that'd be fun to build" when I was a kid. I'd love to see something from the Heliport or Fire Station. Might give it a shot myself, if I can get a spaceship done up the way (...) (17 years ago, 6-Jun-07, to lugnet.build.microscale)

  Re: 1970s sets in microscale

(...) Not positive if this is what your thinking of, but in Issue 2 of Brickjournal (URL) on page 48 of that issue (which is page 50 of the pdf file) are building instructions for a mini USS Constellation. (URL) (17 years ago, 7-Jun-07, to lugnet.build.microscale, FTX)

  Re: 1970s sets in microscale

(...) Thanks, yes that is the one, now I'll have to build that one too. I really didn't like the minis except for star wars, but what a good idea to build the 1970 sets. I really believe that the 70s were the high point of lego when they designed (...) (17 years ago, 7-Jun-07, to lugnet.build.microscale, FTX)

  Re: 1970s sets in microscale

(...) I can see your point - its interesting how it appears to me that many AFOL's perception of Lego "back in the good ol' days" seems to change depending on what the Lego was like in their respective childhoods. For instance, I have always thought (...) (17 years ago, 7-Jun-07, to lugnet.build.microscale, FTX)

  Re: 1970s sets in microscale

(...) I initially was trying to build a *micro* Constellation, but by the time it was finished I thought the model better deserved to be called a 'mini'. Of course, this brings up the entire debate about what scale is micro, what is mini and so on. (...) (17 years ago, 7-Jun-07, to lugnet.build.microscale, FTX)

  Re: 1970s sets in microscale

(...) IIRC, wasn't there some pics of somebody's micro SW MOCs on Brickshelf a long time ago - they used a 1x1 brick for a Tie Fighter (or something like that)? It was pretty funny seeing one part MOCs like that! (URL) (17 years ago, 7-Jun-07, to lugnet.build.microscale, FTX)

  Re: 1970s sets in microscale

(...) I got my start in 1974 with the London Bus. A last minute Christmas present for my son. I was so amazed at the bus I went out on Christmas day to all the stores that were opened, like drug stores and grocery stores looking for Legos. There is (...) (17 years ago, 8-Jun-07, to lugnet.build.microscale, FTX)