 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3953
3952  |  3954
Subject:
Florence Cathedral: Santa Maria del Fiore
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.schleim, lugnet.build.microscale
Date:
Tue, 5 Jun 2007 03:07:00 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Il Duomo,the magnificent ribbed dome of the cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore,
located in Florence Italy.

<<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/torgugick/IlDuomo/f01.jpg>>

I've seen this SNOT technique used often on many MOC's but have never seen it
used as extensively as in this model. The technique (which I've internalized as
"down side out") allowed me to create a wide variety of textures for the
cathedral. I suspect that this technique might be my standard for my next couple
of MOCs.

I also made the dome look less "pixelated" by adding wind shield wiper bases all
over.

More pictures at
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=257566>

The last few piece I've put up on lugnet I've received some wonderful critical
susgestions, many of which I changed/implemented in my model. So, as always,
please critique.

Arthur