 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3933
3932  |  3934
Subject:
Steampunk Gun Ship Champlain
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Sat, 19 May 2007 17:57:50 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Introducing the crew of the gun ship Champlain.

The Champlain is a steampunk gun ship inspired by a discussion about flying skiffs.

She has a current crew of five, including Captain Arnold Benedict. Weaponry includes a bow-mounted cannon, swivel guns on the port and starboard sides, and four rifles for use by boarding or landing parties.

Lift is provided by a large propeller beneath the hull, while thrust is generated by two props at the rear. Power is supplied by the central steam engine, which is vented by a large exhaust pipe.

Navigational controls are all central to the Captain’s station, while storage on the open deck is available at the rear of the craft.

I began building this craft from the bow, then worked my way backward. Once the craft was finished, it reminded me of the flat-bottom gun boats that were used on Lake Champlain during the American Revolution, thus the name.

Brickshelf Gallery

Comments always welcome.

-Elroy