 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3907
3906  |  3908
Subject:
The Old Dutch Windmill
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains.org.niltc, lugnet.town, lugnet.build
Date:
Wed, 25 Apr 2007 05:31:01 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Recently, the Northern Illinois Lego Train Club was given a task. For our first show at the Geneva History Center, each of us created a historic building in the town. For my part, I did a model of the town’s old dutch windmill, known as the Fabyan Windmill.

The full gallery, upon moderation.

I displayed the windmill last weekend in our show at the History Center. NILTC had a record-breaking show - around 2000 people during the two days we were open. There were 300 people in Sunday’s first hour alone! The history center itself had the most traffic in a single day then it ever had before - and it opened about 50 years ago.

Here’s my gallery of the show.

Another gallery, with great comparisons of the historic buildings that the members created.

To see the windmill in action (in the middle of my Star Wars layout, no less), I’ve put a video up on YouTube.

Enjoy!

-Matt