 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3658
3657  |  3659
Subject:
Laptop cooling platform MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.znap
Date:
Sun, 26 Nov 2006 18:45:43 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

A year back I got a new laptop. One of the first things I noticed was how close it was to the table surface and how little air got to the bottom side for cooling. A couple of design attempts yielded this platform, which yields a vary cool running lappy ;)

with laptop in operation

without laptop to expose construction

All parts are ZNAP (other than a few Technic Pins). Mostly these parts...

18x 32206 Znap Beam 9, 5 Holes, 4 Bends (Half-Octagon) (various colors)

20x 32213 Znap Grid 9 x 7, 15 Holes (various colors)

20x 32203 Znap Beam 7, 3 Holes (various colors)

5x Zbb014 Znap Connector 1 x 3 - 2 way A (light Gray)

42x Zbb013 Znap Connector 3 x 3 - 4 way B (Beam) (purple)

2x 32246 Znap Beam 8, 4 Holes, 3 Bends, Curved (I used yellow)

4x 4459 Technic, Pin WITH Friction Ridges Lengthwise (black, holds side arms)

The space below the bottom also provides handy space to store pens and pencils.