 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3613
  London Opium Den

In a very short time a decrepit figure had emerged from the opium den - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (2 URLs) BS> (URL) Flickr> Tim (18 years ago, 27-Oct-06, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.vignette, lugnet.castle, FTX) !

  Re: London Opium Den

(...) Good stuff! The queue and topknot are outstanding. I'm glad you're building in the brick, but this seems like one of those scenes that might look better rendered with smoke and shadows and whatnot. Photographed LEGO always looks as bright and (...) (18 years ago, 28-Oct-06, to lugnet.build.vignette, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: London Opium Den

Hello! Hey, I like that. Hrm, actually I don't, because I don't like drugs. But its' well built. The futon (? the couch, divan, anyway) looks great, and the chinese topknot is very convincing. It seems like you knew what you were doing here. (In (...) (18 years ago, 28-Oct-06, to lugnet.build.vignette, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: London Opium Den

(...) Thank you. (...) While I agree that a properly set up render could look excellent the problems with it are twofold: firstly the selection of minifig parts in CAD is very small and secondly with that much balancing there is no way people would (...) (18 years ago, 28-Oct-06, to lugnet.build.vignette, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: London Opium Den

(...) Thanks (...) No idea what the Chinese word for those things is. (...) The topknot and queue was a nightmare to balance but I was so happy with how it looked I took the time (twice actually since the first time had a (URL) mistake>). (...) I (...) (18 years ago, 28-Oct-06, to lugnet.build.vignette, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: London Opium Den

(...) (URL) hmmm> (what happened to the pics?) (...) Looks like a kang (a hollow bed heated via an external fire (similar concept to a hypocaust)) (...) And thats a lithograph! Tim (18 years ago, 28-Oct-06, to lugnet.build.vignette, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: London Opium Den

Hello! (...) I reorganized my BrickShelf folders. But you can't edit yout Lugnet posts, so unfortunately the old links are and will remain broken. However, this still applies: "I have never and I will never smoke anything. And I have never and I (...) (18 years ago, 30-Oct-06, to lugnet.build.vignette, lugnet.castle, FTX)