 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3570
3569  |  3571
Subject:
Godzilla!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.build.sculpture
Date:
Wed, 4 Oct 2006 13:28:04 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

I’ve finally gotten around to building an actual model to represent my online handle - Legozilla.

I first started off with a base construction similar to the Prehistoric Creatures set:

I soon found that green is a hard color to build in, especially since I needed to show this model soon. Bricklink orders were out of the question.

The head was modified to be shorter in length and have the neck pivot on the bottom, not the back. I copied the feet wholesale, mostly because I got lazy. The leg construction is similar. The body looks similar to the set, but I’m not sure that can be avoided given the similarity of the models. The arms are completely my design using the ball and socket joints from Bionicle. The tail is the tail. There are only so many ways to make it.

More photos can be found here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/legozilla/sets/72157594311992059/

-Duane