 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3529
new moc: st. paul de vence
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 3 Sep 2006 00:15:20 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

the mediaeval village of st. paul de vence is located in the south-east of france on a 60-foot rocky outcrop. its landscape, natural site, architecture and buildings are all protected by law as part of the national heritage.

the buildings in this beautiful walled village had been captured in miniature using limoges clay years ago by local architect, painter and sculptor jean-pierre gault and now by his brother dominique gault. visit their site for more info.

using 8 of these sculptures as models, i re-created these provençal buildings over a span of 6 months. i designed a walled platform to display the buildings and to evoke the general feeling gained when visiting this beautiful town.

each building has its own folder showing details of construction. once again, special mention must go to fellow lug member jason allemann for providing inspiration and unique ideas during the construction and the occasional encouragement to strive for “perfection”.

the complete st. paul de vence gallery.

enoy.
-§ deborah higdon-leblond §-