 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3470
3469  |  3471
Subject:
Local snack-bar
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.town
Date:
Thu, 20 Jul 2006 09:28:38 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hi everybody,

this is my second post on Lugnet and I haven’t really introduced myself yet, so I thought I’d do it with a little MOC I made with the Ldraw-tools:

It’s a model of a local snack bar that has been around since 1921 (if you want to belive the sign) and has become kind of a local meeting spot for people from all over town. I thought it would make for a pretty neat little model to ‘start’ out with. The folder ‘compare’ shows some pictures I took straight out of LDView in comparison with the real thing. I took special care to design the building in such a way that it would be sturdy enough to be ‘played with’ in real life (especially the roof, which is supposed to be dismountable), but I won’t be suprised if I’ll get to do some fiddling around once I’m trying to build it for real. I know that it’s nothing big, but it is one of my first ‘pretty’ MOCs and I’d like to hear your opinions about it before I go ahead and get the missing parts. If you do like it, I’d also enjoy creating a building instruction after the real thing is all done and ‘tested’.

So, I hope you enjoy, and your comments are very appreciated.

Robert