 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 338
337  |  339
Subject:
Yellow and Black house for BrickFest Castle Layout
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Sat, 29 Jun 2002 05:00:57 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hello all.

After several days of planning and false starts, I have the first of the
houses that I am planning on bringing to Brickfest to share in the Castle
combined walled town layout.

Once the folder is approved my the BrickShelf moderators, it will be here:

It sits on a baseplate, but is raised up one brick level, so that the
baseplates can be attached to each other using technic pins, as was planned
by the Castle room coordinator(s) ( Jeff Stembel and perhaps others ).  It
is currently sitting on yellow bricks, but I think I will move it over to a
more natural color, like grey or tan to better show that it is part of the
walled town that we are building.

It has two floors, and opens up using hinge plates.  There are stairs
leading up to the second floor, and I started to furnish the upstairs.  So
far there is a bed and a small table with a crystal ball next to the window.

The building is a total of 15 studs front to back ( with the overhang ) and
14 studs across.  It stands approximately 23 and 2/3 bricks tall, not
counting the 1 brick base.

It was influenced, naturally, by Dan Siskind's Blacksmith shop, but at the
same time, I consider it a natural progression from my last Castle town house:

Comments welcome.
:-)

-Andy Lynch