 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3183
3182  |  3184
Subject:
Participating in the Batgirl meme
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.parts.mod
Date:
Sun, 15 Jan 2006 18:33:37 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hello everyone

It’s possible some of you have heard about the delightfully quirky “draw Batgirl” meme that started sweeping Livejournal on Friday 13 January. Essentially, inspired by artist Andi Watson’s posting of some character sketches (of an updated version of Batgirl) from a failed series pitch to DC comics, two artists were moved to create and post their own takes on Batgirl. Things rather... snowballed from there. The last time I looked, there were over 500 (!) entries in the master list. Some are simply splendid, others delightfully quirky, and the whole spontaneous flood is a lovely bit of serendipity. Go here to see the master list:

http://www.livejournal.com/users/himynameisjamie/345568.html?page=1#comments

Anyway, I’ve had a custom minifig version of Batgirl for some time now, but it’s never been posted online. In honor of the Batgirl meme, I’ve repaired a bit of damage to the figure, taken some pictures, and uploaded them to Brickshelf. I think I’m the first meme participant to work in three dimensions. :)

Once moderated, you can see more of my Batman-related minifig creations here: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=113917

As always, I’m happy to hear what people think of my work, and I’ll try to answer any questions you might have. Thanks for reading.

Norbert Black