 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3182
3181  |  3183
Subject:
The Dark Knight unveiled
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.parts.mod, lugnet.parts.custom
Date:
Sun, 15 Jan 2006 18:27:05 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hello everyone

With the recent announcement that Lego have purchased a license to create sets related to DC’s character Batman, I was motivated to finally finish a minifig MOC that was started about five years ago - The Batman himself.

The cowl piece is custom-made, using heat-formed styrene plastic as the base, with the “ears” built up using epoxy putty over wire cores. You can find more details of my techniques elsewhere on Lugnet in a lengthy article by me on creating custom pieces.

Once moderated, you can see more of my Batman-related minifig creations here: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=113917

There are a variety of comic, anime, manga and other minifig MOCs in my gallery as well, so feel free to snoop. I’ve done a bit of updating recently.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=nhblack

As always, I’m happy to hear what people think of my work, and I’ll try to answer any questions you might have. Thanks for reading.

Norbert Black

PS: The upcoming official Lego versions of the Batman characters as minifigs look nice enough (notwithstanding the fact that their “skin” isn’t yellow *shudder*), but frankly, I like my versions more... :)