 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3022

Subject:
Micro Steam Engine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 6 Oct 2005 07:59:42 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Micro Steam Engine

I’ve always thought that the Technic Competition Cannon 2 x 6 x 3 looked like the boiler from a steam engine. When I came across it again taking the Wookie Catamaran apart a few months ago I finally decided to take a crack at turning it into one.

An initial prototype came together pretty quickly and over the next few weeks it eventually evolved into what you see here. Huge props go to Daniel Jette (co-worker and fellow ParLUGment member) for giving me tonnes of great feedback. Unlike me he actually knows a thing or two about trains. Without the many discussions we had about pretty much every minute detail it never would have evolved into it’s current form.

I’ve provided instructions as well. There’s a lot of friction based connections but they are all quite strong. The only dicey one is the front light. If it’s loose after you stick it in just rotate it until it’s tight. The slots at the end of the half pin have to be oriented vertically otherwise it will just fall out.

Enjoy,

Re: Micro Steam Engine