 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3018
A new MOC: The Hayabusa
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Tue, 4 Oct 2005 04:26:57 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Well, its been awhile since i really posted ANYTHING here or even on brickshelf,
but i am back, for the time being at least, with a new mecha and some weaponry
i've managed to put together out of boredom. College, Girlfriend, and Work have
all been occupying(????) me for a good while, but here and there I've managed to
find time to throw this little MOC together:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=146940 The Hayabusa!

After i played a little bit of armored core, out of pure boredom, i decided that
i wanted to attempt to put together a nice little mecha resembling something
that could appear in the game, and what better model to use than one of my onw
favorite desings in that game, my speedy Hayabusa. The thing that REALLY got me
started was realizing that to create "fast" looking legs, the upper legs need to
be far shorter than the lower legs, something i really couldnt figure out for
QUITE some time. This design started with a leg, and i wanted to build an
equally "fast" looking torso.

When building the torso, i triend to make it look as if the torso were to be
removed, it could fly on its own, so i added some (detailed, at least by MY
standards) boosters to the back and threw some intake ducts near the shoulders.
I also used a nice smoothly sloped cockpit area and triend to keep the torso
sort of short, to emphasize the legs. After that, it was merely a matter of
where i put all my good "mecha" bricks, and finishing the damn thing.

The other part of my post is just a folder i have compiled with a few new
handeld weapons (mostly based on real-life designs):
for some of my mecha. One of my favorites is the lobo:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/DaLancer/Weaponry/lobo_01.jpg Which is based
on the fn-P90

And also the T-PAR (Twin Purpose Assault Rifle):
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/DaLancer/Weaponry/t-par_01.jpg

Which is based off of a hybrid of the OICW and G36 w/ Grenade launcher.

Feedback would be kindly appreciated!

Also, lots of drama going on too! Looks like i missed something? Ah, im sure i'd
rather not read all those posts anyway :)