 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 2946
New MOC: The Sluf air-fighter prototype
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Tue, 23 Aug 2005 17:21:34 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hello all,

After a ~6 month hiatus -- or rather a long creative block-- I slapped this little thing together over the last few weeks. This model was rife with issues and I nearly gave up last weekend but my desire to see it completed won out. It may look simple, and for some it may actually be, but I had a difficult time getting the wings and cockpit to look just right, and there were numerous structural issues that had to be hashed out. The usual details are present: fully functioning landing gear, opening canopy, greebles inside the gear-wells, and greebles around the engine. Now before anybody points out that the engine bell looks too small, well let me tell you, it is -- but I like it like that.

(click the pic. Once moderated)

The Sluf air-fighter is a rugged attack craft designed for extended use in the field, specifically off-world.The version presented here is the company prototype (hence the color scheme) it is sleeker and more refined looking then the fighter version.

Once my final bricklink shipment comes in I will start on the fighter version, in cool dark grey.

Thanks for looking, let me know what you think.

Brent

P.S. I have gotten a lot of requests for instructions for my RedTail racer, does aybody know if it would be possible to model it in MLCad?

P.S.S. This message is posted twice because I forget to post it to announce.moc -- hope that is not a problem