 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 2936
micro moc: santorini
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.microscale
Date:
Thu, 18 Aug 2005 22:33:35 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

it seems greece is not as recognizable as i thought, or perhaps i’ve been to my local greek restaurant more often than i should. the walls are plastered with prints of “traditional” greek architecture, most of which appear to be santorini - blue domes, round white buildings, bell towers and stairways of dizzying heights. few in my lug recognized my first attempt at micro. what does this say? terrible builder of micro or she doesn’t cook and eats at greek restaurants a lot?

i believed it to be a relatively simple project considering the domes, arches and curved pieces available, but recreating the steep, winding stairs was not satisfactory since surrounding the jumper plate steps was next to impossible if they did not sit at right angles. also frustrating was trying to recreate a suitable cross for the church dome. scale would not allow me to use most pieces, so i did without. the most fun was finishing it off with the fishing boat. true to my mocs, there are no people around. everyone is in church.

enjoy santorini.
-§ deborah higdon-leblond §-