 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 2885
2884  |  2886
Subject:
ParLUGment's summer gift exchange
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.town
Date:
Sat, 16 Jul 2005 15:11:51 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hello everyone

Some of you may remember that ParLUGment held a "secret Santa" gift exchange
back in December of 2004.  Everyone seemed to have a good time, so we decided to
do it again.  Being too impatient to wait 12 months, we came up with the idea of
doing a summer exchange, with the excuse that we were exchanging _birthday_
presents this time around.

The exchange took place at our July meeting, and once again we had a good range
of MOCs changing hands.  Courtesy of our photographer, Tim Strutt, you can see
the results at:  http://www.parlugment.org/sge2005.shtml

As for organizational details, briefly:

1.  Everyone taking part had to build a MOC worth roughly $5US in parts
2.  Givers were matched to receivers by a secret draw of names
3.  We were urged to use one of the themes asked for by their receiver [*]
4.  Gifts were to be wrapped and labelled with the _receiver's_ name only

We unwrapped the gifts at a meeting 2 months after the name draw.  We had a
little extra fun going around in turn trying to guess who had created the MOC we
had received.  Once all the guesses were made, everyone revealed which MOC they
had made.  It's surprising how few correct guesses there were.

It's all a lot of fun, and I'd recommend the process to any group.  Thanks to
everyone in ParLUGment who took part.  I'm looking forward to doing it all again
in December!  :)

Norbert Black

[1]  There were some creative interpretations, mind you...   I suggested "minifig-scale animals, 4-wide cars and/or microscale space ships" as my interests, and Jude Beaudin came up with the COWboy MOC seen here:

http://www.parlugment.org/res/events/sge2005/cowboy.jpg

In the background, behind the pickup-driving man with a cow's head can be seen a
cow [2] with a human head.  Like I said, creative interpretations...  :)

[2] The cow was based on Jason Allemann's design -